Thursday 8 May 2014

Monica Lewinsky corrects Beyonce's Partition lyric as she writes about affair with Clinton


Former White House intern Monica Lewinsky recently wrote an essay for Vanity Fair mag, where she broke her silence regarding her infamous affair with President Bill Clinton and expressed deep regrets at having an affair with the married former president.

In the essay, Monica took a moment to correct the verb tense on Beyonce's raunchy Partition single, where Queen B sings 'he Monica Lewinsky-ed all on my gown.'

Monica wrote,
"Thanks, BeyoncĂ©, but if we’re verbing, I think you meant ‘Bill Clinton’d all on my gown,’ not ‘Monica Lewinsky’d.’”
See some of what Ms Lewinskly wrote about her affair with President Clinton after the cut... 
 
"It's time to burn the beret and bury the blue dress. I, myself, deeply regret what happened between me and President Clinton. Let me say it again: I. Myself. Deeply. Regret. What. Happened. I am determined to have a different ending to my story. I've decided, finally, to stick my head above the parapet so that I can take back my narrative and give a purpose to my past. (What this will cost me, I will soon find out.). Perhaps by sharing my story, I reasoned, I might be able to help others in their darkest moments of humiliation. The question became: How do I find and give a purpose to my past? " She wrote.
Monica still maintains her affair with Bill Clinton was a consensual one
"Sure, my boss took advantage of me, but I will always remain firm on this point: it was a consensual relationship. Any 'abuse' came in the aftermath, when I was made a scapegoat in order to protect his powerful position...The Clinton administration, the special prosecutor's minions, the political operatives on both sides of the aisle, and the media were able to brand me. And that brand stuck, in part because it was imbued with power." she wrote
Monica also insists her silence since the scandal was her choice noting that she has been "so silent, in fact that the buzz in some circles has been that the Clintons must have" paid me off; why else would I have refrained from speaking out? I can assure you that nothing could be further from the truth."

She said after the scandal she had turned down "offers that would have earned her more than $10m, but didn't do it because they didn't feel like the right thing to do."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:*Atinuke does NOT own any other blog/website apart from www.missatinuke.blogspot.com
*Comments on this blog are NOT posted by Atinuke.
*Miss Atinuke's Blog readers are SOLELY responsible for the comments they post on missatinuke.blogspot.com
Kindly Drop Your Comments! Thank You!