Monday 12 May 2014

Clippers owner Donald Sterling finally apologizes for racist comment

L.A. Clippers owner Donald Sterling has finally apologized for the racist remarks he made while chastising his bi-racial girlfriend for posting black people on her Instagram page. Speaking with CNN's Anderson Cooper in an exclusive interview set to air today, Donald, 81, said he's not racist.
"When I listen to that tape, I don't even know how I can say words like that.... I don't know why the girl had me say those things."
"You're saying you were set up?" Cooper asked.
"Well yes, I was baited," Sterling said. "I mean, that's not the way I talk. I don't talk about people for one thing, ever. I talk about ideas and other things. I don't talk about people. I'm not a racist. I made a terrible, terrible mistake. And I'm here with you today to apologize and to ask for forgiveness for all the people that I've hurt." Continue... 
Asked why it took him so long to apologize, Sterling said  he was "emotionally distraught."
"The reason it's hard for me, very hard for me, is that I'm wrong. I caused the problem. I don't know how to correct it. I'm good member who made a mistake and I'm apologizing and I'm asking for forgiveness,. Am I entitled to one mistake, am I after 35 years? I mean, I love my league, I love my partners. Am I entitled to one mistake? It's a terrible mistake, and I'll never do it again."
Sterling also said he's apologized to Magic Johnson who he mentioned in his rants
"If I said anything wrong, I'm sorry. He's a good person. I mean, what am I going to say? Has he done everything he can do to help minorities? I don't think so. But I'll say it, he's great. But I don't think he's a good example for the children of Los Angeles."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:*Atinuke does NOT own any other blog/website apart from www.missatinuke.blogspot.com
*Comments on this blog are NOT posted by Atinuke.
*Miss Atinuke's Blog readers are SOLELY responsible for the comments they post on missatinuke.blogspot.com
Kindly Drop Your Comments! Thank You!