Saturday 22 February 2014

I Can't Rejoice over My Son-in-law's Death Sentence - Arowolo's Father in-law


Father of the slain banker, Mr. George Oyakhire, has said he would not rejoice over the death penalty handed to his son-in-law. Oyakhire, a retired Nigerian Customs Service officer, told reporters that he loved Akolade like a son and he was sad that things turned out the way they did.Continue..

 He said:

 “The Bible says that you should not rejoice at the downfall of your enemy. I feel bad about all this because this was a boy I assisted in every way I could. He even said when giving evidence in court that we were close and this is very true. I assisted him when he needed me and even though he was jobless, my daughter (Titilayo) also helped him.
I am happy the judge berated Akolade’s parents for telling lies in court. They bad-mouthed my daughter and even claimed that she committed suicide. I am happy that my daughter has been vindicated.  I have also been vindicated because I told the whole truth in court. I leave everything to God”.
Akolade’s marriage to his late wife, whom he met during post-graduate studies at the Lagos State University, produced a five-year-old daughter, Olamide. Oyakhire said Olamide was too young to be told the truth about her parents but added that she was doing fine.
“When she comes of age and begins to ask questions and is reasonable enough, we will tell her everything that happened”, he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:*Atinuke does NOT own any other blog/website apart from www.missatinuke.blogspot.com
*Comments on this blog are NOT posted by Atinuke.
*Miss Atinuke's Blog readers are SOLELY responsible for the comments they post on missatinuke.blogspot.com
Kindly Drop Your Comments! Thank You!